Thursday, November 8, 2012

so, what's new?

Wow, I did not realize I had been away from this for so long..

Since the last post, I have essentially recorded nearly enough material for three new titles!

Observatory Jazz Quartet

EJ Jones, bass
Tom Massey, piano
Caitlen Campbell, vocals
Randy Brush, drums

This group has been together for nearly two years now, and we have been performing regularly around the Batesville, Arkansas area. We rehearse downstairs in an actual observatory owned by the bass plaayer, EJ (Doctor Jones) and have had a wonderful time. We recently recorded I think 5 songs at an amazing studio in Eureka Springs, built and operated by a former producer of bands like Molly Hatchett, and others.

Joe McNertney

My old (young) friend Joe from Iowa came downto visit for a week, and we recorded 23 minutes of mainly improvisational-based preecussion music. It's being mastered by another dear musician friend in Iowa, Eric Rohn and should be ready soon.

Drum Stories

My former student Ethan Lindblom, an extraordinary young man and percussionist performed and recorded as a duo and sometimes trio with our fried, Nancy Love. We have six in the can, and would like to add a few more before attempting a release.

Personal

I expanded my eccentric tuned percussion collection to include a Milltone Steel Tongue Drum, which was used in several of the above, and perhaps my most favorite original "For Sandi" which I wrote for an ailing friend.

Kim, my wife has also been an extraordinary Director of Campus Life at Lyon College here in Batsville, and as always a strong supporter of my eccentric AND commercial musical projects.

ReverbNation Site - All recordings online

No comments:

Post a Comment