Sunday, August 29, 2010

New Percussion Group, First Rehearsal

Well, despite a recent onslaught of new medical woes, I finally managed to get 4 folks here together to start rehearsing a new percussion group! Ethan Lindblom (one of my students) Nancy Love, and Alex Moeller came by and we set up a eclectic bunch of instruments in my extremely small space and played/conversed for about an hour and a half. (Alex's girlfriend Jamie came as well, and was immediately handed a couple of rattle sound-effects)

All good things! We played and jammed, talked about space, clarity and conversations and are trying to work out a regular rehearsal schedule.

THE Spike was cool being in the living room with us until the first rimshot, and then headed for the bedroom to find comfort and companionship with his sister, and my ever patient and amazing wife Kim.

I have some writing to do to give the songs I have in mind some structure and cohesion, and then I will hopefully have us playing at the Lyon College campus center sometime in September.

Physical Therapy for my leg starts tomorrow, so let's hope that helps with my mobility issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment