Friday, July 30, 2010

Marketing Sucks

Man, I could totally market someone else with in your face, win at all costs strategies.

Me, I'm sort of feeling like apologizing to my folks on Facebook for creating a music "fan" page and inviting them to join, even that is the standard way to do it. I mean I should just ruthlessly put my info out there every day to drive up album downloads. I am thinking about an ad if it's not too expensive.

I'm also sorry this whole online album thing happened after I left Grinnell. The people there who I played with, inspired me to be true to myself, and were just friends when I needed them....I wish they were all here to celebrate. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled it happened, but the timing sucked. It would have been nice to have a big party at The Phoenix, with Brian being a smart-ass, Laura hovering, Kamal sitting down, Adam laughing...I'm getting pretty misty just thinking about it...sheesh.

That being said, it's all going pretty good. I just need to overcome my marketing phobia and figure out how to play live solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment